Update: December 2020
The Draft plan, and the associated environmental assessments will be published for public comment on December 22nd 2020. Information on the review to date and the plan’s progress is available on this website. To receive notifications related to this review, please register your interest at https://consult.kilkenny.ie/.
The preparation of a new development plan shall be strategic in nature for the purposes of developing objectives and policies to deliver an overall strategy for the proper planning and sustainable development of the area of the development plan and the core strategy.
If you have any queries in relation to this process, please contact the Planning Department by phone at 056 7794010 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- When can I make a submission?
Submissions can be made from 22 December 2020 to 12 March 2021.
2. Where will I be able to view the Draft Plan?
The Draft Plan is available on our consultation portal: https://consult.kilkenny.ie/
Hard copies are also available for viewing as follows:
- Planning Office, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny (by appointment only during normal opening hours as per Covid-19 Guidelines)
- by appointment at the City Library, Johns Quay, Kilkenny and all the branch Libraries in the County during their normal opening hours and subject to Covid -19 restrictions in place at the time.
3. How long will I have to make a submission?
The submissions period is open until 12 March 2021.
4. How will submissions be accepted?
Submissions will be accepted either:
- online at https://Consult.Kilkenny.ie/ or
- by email to email@example.com or
- in writing, marked “Draft City and County Development Plan”, to the Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny R95 A39T.
5. What happened to the submissions already made to Stage 1?
All submissions made to the pre-draft stage were compiled into the Chief Executive’s Report on pre-draft submissions which was published in September 2018. This Report includes the Chief Executive’s opinion and recommendation on the issues raised, and states, where applicable, the way in which the Draft Plan will incorporate them.
6. Where do I get more information?
Information on the plan making process is available on this website. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact any member of Forward Planning at 056-7794010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. When is the Development Plan expected to be finalised?
Following public display of the Draft, the Chief Executive will publish a Report on the submissions received to the Draft. The members will consider the Draft Plan and the Chief Executive’s Report. At that stage it is likely that a number of changes, known as Amendments, will be proposed. They will require environmental assessment and will be published for public display and comment. The various stages of Plan making are set out here on the ourplan website, view the Stages above.