Kilkenny County Council
Kilkenny County Development Plan 2020-2026
Pre-Draft Public Consultation Phase
Notice is hereby given pursuant to Section 11(1) of the Planning and Development Acts, 2000-2018 of the intention of Kilkenny County Council to commence its review of both the existing Kilkenny County Development Plan 2014-2020 and the Kilkenny City and Environs Development Plan 2014-2020 and to prepare a single, consolidated County Development Plan for the period 2020-2026 to replace both the previous County and City and Environs Development Plans.
The preparation of a new development plan shall be strategic in nature for the purposes of developing objectives and policies to deliver an overall strategy for the proper planning and sustainable development of the area of the development plan and the core strategy.
Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)
Notice is hereby given pursuant to Article 13B of the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004 (S.I 436 of 2004) (as amended) that the Planning Authority will carry out a Strategic Environmental Assessment as part of the review process and for this purpose, the Planning Authority will also prepare an Environmental Report on the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the new plan, and the provisions of Articles 13C to 13J of the 2004 SEA Regulations shall apply.
Notice is hereby given pursuant to Article 6 of the Habitats Directive 92/43/ECC that a Stage One screening exercise shall be carried out as part of the process and a Stage Two Appropriate Assessment shall be carried out, (if required.)
Strategic Issues Paper
In order to stimulate debate and encourage participation in this process a Strategic Issues Paper has been prepared and is available for inspection at the following locations, during normal opening hours, from Friday 20 April, 2018 until Friday 15th of June, 2018 (both dates inclusive):
- Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny
- Carnegie Library, Johns Quay during their opening hours.
- All Kilkenny County Council Branch Libraries.
- Website: https://ourplan.kilkenny.ie
Copies of the Strategic Issues Paper are also available for purchase from the Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny. Please contact 056-7794010 or email ourplan@Kilkennycoco.ie
Making a Submission
In respect of the making of submissions/observations please note the following:
- Submissions/observations regarding objectives and policies to deliver an overall strategy for the proper planning and sustainable development of the area of the development plan may be made.
- Children or groups or associations representing the interests of children are entitled to make submissions or observations
regarding objectives and policies to deliver an overall strategy for the proper planning and sustainable development of the area of the development plan.
- The Planning Authority intends to review the zoning of the area of the development plan for the purposes of developing objectives and policies to deliver an overall strategy for the proper planning and sustainable development of the area of the development plan and the core strategy.
Requests or proposals for the zoning of particular land for any purpose shall not be considered at this stage. (Any such submissions will be returned)
- Kilkenny County Council hereby invites any interested parties to make submissions in accordance with the foregoing in respect of the review of both the existing County and City and Environs Development Plans and the preparation of a new Development Plan as follows:
- online at consult.kilkenny.ie or
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- in writing to: Senior Planner, Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny
All submissions must be received before 17.00 on the 15th of June, 2018.
Please make your submission by one medium only i.e. in hard copy, via email or via the consult.kilkenny.ie website. This will avoid the duplication of submission reference numbers and will streamline the process. Where possible, please include your name and address on a separate page to the content of your submission in order to assist Kilkenny County Council in complying with the provisions of the Data Protection Act. Your assistance on these issues is appreciated.
Public Information Evenings
In order to ensure that the plan reflects the wishes of the people of Kilkenny, the general public is invited to attend information evenings on the preparation of the new County Development Plan 2020-2026 with details as follows:
10th of May 2018, Kilkenny City, City Hall, High Street 19.30
16th of May 2018, Mullinavat Community Centre, 19.30
22nd of May 2018, Ballyragget Community Centre, 19.30
Please come along and get involved; all are welcome!
Sean McKeown,Director of Services