Notice of Material Alterations to the Draft Kilkenny City and County Development Plan 2021-2027
SECTION 12 PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACTS 2000 (AS AMENDED) PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 (AS AMENDED) PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT (STRATEGIC ENVIRONMENT ASSESSMENT) REGULATIONS 2004-2011
Notice is hereby given that the Members of Kilkenny County Council, having considered the Draft Kilkenny City and County Development Plan 2021-2027 and the Chief Executive’s Report in respect of the submissions received, have resolved in accordance with Section 12(6) and (7) of the Planning and Development Acts 2000-2020, that the Draft Plan be amended. The proposed amendments constitute Material Alterations to the Draft Kilkenny City and County Development Plan 2021-2027.
It has been determined that the alterations require full Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and certain Material Alterations require stage 2 Natura Impact Assessment (AA). In accordance with Section 12(7)(aa) of the Planning and Development Acts 2000 (as amended), the determinations, a copy of the proposed Material Alterations to the Draft Plan, the SEA Environmental Report (incl. Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA)) and the AA Report will be available for public inspection from Wednesday 30th of June to Wednesday the 28th of July 2021, inclusive, at the following locations;
- Online at consult.kilkenny.ie
- Planning Office, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny (by appointment only during normal opening hours as per Covid-19 Guidelines, restrictions and arrangements)
- by appointment at the City Library, Johns Quay, Kilkenny and all the branch Libraries (Callan, Castlecomer, Ferrybank, Graiguenamanagh, Loughboy, Thomastown, Urlingford) in the County during their normal opening hours and subject to Covid -19 restrictions and arrangements in place at the time.
Observations or submissions regarding the Material Alterations to the Draft Development Plan and/or SEA Environmental Report and/or AA Report are invited from members of the public and other interested parties. You can make an observation or submission via the following options:
- Online by registering on consult.Kilkenny.ie where you can then make a submission on the text, topics and map sheets related to the alterations. You can also submit drawings of any areas relating to your submission on an interactive map, or
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org ; or
- In Writing marked “Material Alterations to the City and County Development Plan“ to the Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny R95 A39T. Observations or submissions must include the full name and address of the person(s) making the submission and where relevant, the body or organisation represented.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed Material Alterations, the associated Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Environmental Report (incl. Strategic Flood Risk Assessment SFRA) and the Natura Impact Assessment (AA) Report may be made no later than 5.00pm on Wednesday the 28th of July 2021 and will be taken into consideration before the making of the Kilkenny City and County Development Plan 2021-2027. Late submissions will not be accepted.
To assist the public in engaging in the process the plan making team will be available for a telephone consultation by appointment (phone 056 7794010 and quote Material Alterations) between the hours of 9.30 and 13.00 on the 7th and the 8th of July and the 14th and the 15th of July.
Kilkenny County Council will treat all personal data you may give as confidential. We will retain your data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose of this County Development Plan and in accordance with Kilkenny County Council’s Retention Policy and the relevant Data Protection legislation. Please note that all submissions will be made available for public viewing on the Council’s consultation website during the plan-making period and will also form part of the statutory Chief Executive’s Report to be presented to the full Council.
For any queries please email ourplan@Kilkennycoco.ie or phone 056 7794010.
Sean McKeown, Director of Services, Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council